Gospel Light Foundation for the Blind
The following is a detailed statement describing our organizational activities. These activities include:
(1) A free cassette tape lending library consisting of over 3000 tapes containing Christian books, recorded by various volunteer readers, messages by outstanding Bible teachers and conference speakers, and sermons by well-known pastors and teachers. These cassettes are copied from our original masters on our Recordex 330 speed duplicator. We mail out these tapes to our patrons throughout the United States and Canada for periods up to sixty days in plastic mailing containers containing four to six cassettes each. These containers are made and adapted especially for the blind with snap fasteners and a slide-in address frame for easy access and return for repeated usage. Please fill out form for more information.
(2) We print braille Bible lessons on our computer-driven ET RD-40 braille printer. Our blind students receive their lesson booklets free of charge, mailed out "free matter for the blind" anywhere in the world. We have students receiving our braille Bible lessons throughout the United States, Canada, England, West Malaysia, Brazil, India, Pakistan, and several African nations. The students return their lesson reports to us and receive a nice certificate printed both in braille and ink print upon the satisfactory completion of each Bible course. Please fill out form for more information.
(3) We also do personal counseling with many of these blind correspondents on cassette tape, by braille letter, and on the telephone.
(4) I, Pastor Bill Keathley, have the privilege of serving as chaplain for several organizations of the blind. My duties as chaplain include such things as leading in prayer at our monthly meetings, spiritual encouragement, counseling as requested, and visiting the sick at home or in the hospital.
(5) We conduct a monthly Bible study, luncheon, and transportation on the Third Saturday of each month at Brevard Baptist Association Building in Rockledge, Florida.
(6) During the year, we conduct special services in churches including messages challenging the parishioners concerning the needs of the blind to be reached, invited, and transported to attend church. These services are conducted by Pastor and Mrs. Bill Keathley and daughter, Lilianna.
The Gospel Light Foundation for the Blind, Inc. is funded and supported by interested churches and individuals who make regular, or occasional, financial contributions receiving tax-exempt receipts under our 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status. There are four salaried employees as well as several volunteers working with this organization at the present time. We are a religious non-profit corporation and all of our services are provided free to the blind. For more information please fill out form.
Gospel Light Foundation for the Blind, Inc.
3760 Village Main Street, Loganville, GA 30052